Registration fees are refundable in accordance with this policy:
- A full refund will be made if a child remains on a waiting list or LSO is otherwise unable to place the child on a team.
- Except in the event of a cancellation, postponement or shortening of a sport or season as set forth below, requests for refunds of registration fees shall be subject to the following conditions:
- A full refund will be made if a child is withdrawn prior to team placement.
- Requests for refunds made after team placement but before the beginning of the game season will be subject to a processing fee of (i) $25 if a replacement child is available, or (ii) $50 if no replacement child is available.
- Requests for refunds made after the beginning of the game season will not be honored.
- In the event a sport or season is cancelled by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of LSO prior to the opening day of the season, LSO shall be entitled to retain a percentage of the registration fee (not to exceed 50%) to cover necessary expenses incurred to prepare for the sport or season. In the event a sport or season is shortened by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of LSO, LSO shall be entitled to retain (i) a prorated portion of the registration fee based upon the percentage of the season that is able to be completed, plus (ii) a percentage of the remainder of the registration fee (not to exceed 50%) to cover necessary expenses incurred by LSO. Circumstances beyond the control of LSO shall include, but not be limited to, natural disasters or acts of God; acts of terrorism; war; government acts or orders; epidemics, pandemics or outbreak of communicable disease; quarantines; national or regional emergencies; or any other cause, whether similar in kind to the foregoing or otherwise, beyond LSO's control.
- LSO reserves the right to modify this policy and/or make individual exceptions on a case-by-case basis in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Requests for refunds can be completed online at www.lakotasports.org under REFUND POLICY or in writing to LSO ATTN: Executive Administrator – PO Box 212 – West Chester, OH 45071. Refunds will be credited in the same format registration payment was made. If mailed, please include name of child, sport, date of birth, address, phone number, name of person to whom the refund check should be written (if child was registered by check) and reason for requested refund.
Adopted by the LSO Board, June 2020.